This is the second of two posts I’m doing as a way to welcome you to my blog. And in this post, I’ll let you know what to expect from the blog. I decided this would only be fair. After all, you want to know whether you should spend your time reading blog posts instead of doing other things—eating cake, doing homework, or assembling a small army of penguins, for instance. All important things.
And, let’s face it, the experience of assembling an army of penguins would probably be more entertaining than anything I can write here.
So, I’m going to make some resolutions about this blog that I’ll try to stick to. It’s a bit late for New Year’s Resolutions, but is there such a thing as New Blog Resolutions? If not, I’m making it up now. 😀
Here are my New Blog Resolutions for 2019:
- Write a blog post once a month.
- Post my progress on main writing projects frequently (see the right-hand sidebar and my writing project page).
- Come out with a few pieces of exclusive content! (Sign up for my newsletter in the sidebar/footer if you’d like to get short stories and special updates every few months.)
- Host a few guest posts. (If you’re a writer and you’re interested in doing a guest post, let me know!)
- Publish my story in an upcoming short story collection through Knights Press. (More on that in upcoming posts…)
You’ll notice there’s a shiny new “Contact” tab up at the top; let me know if you have any requests for future blog post topics. I have a bunch lined up already, but I’ll also take requests. 🙂
In terms of writing-related resolution, my #1 goal this year is… drumroll… to actually write. Well, to write more consistently. Even though there are about seven stories I want to finish at any given time, my characters are frequently clamoring to be heard in my head, and I derive immense satisfaction from correcting grammar errors, I have trouble sitting down and making… myself… write.
Writing is hard, people.
I may do a post sometime about strategies to combat Lazy Writer Syndrome (spoilers: it mostly involves ignoring the Internet while you write), but that’s not what this post is about.
Do you have any writing or other New Year’s Resolutions for 2019? What helps you stick to New Year’s Resolutions? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. My next post will be this Friday! It may or may not be a short story about coffee…
Like what you read? Take a minute and share it with your friends or connect with me online!